ECPR began working with the JW Marriott’s Austin team and Indiana-based developer White Lodging in 2012 to prepare for the hotel’s 2015 opening. Projects included a major groundbreaking party, press conference and grand opening gala luncheon; ongoing media outreach, including a New York media tour; social media, a video series, and introductions to local tastemakers and influencers.
ECPR managed the following event-related activities on behalf of JW Marriott Austin:
- Planning and offering creative ideas for a spectacular and memorable grand opening
- Developing invitation lists
- Developing runs-of-show
- Drafting remarks for speakers
- Extending personal invitations to influencers, tastemakers, elected officials and other VIPs
- Developing printed materials
- Planning and coordinating events for food media, including influential reporters, reviewers and bloggers
Media outreach efforts resulted in coverage in virtually every media outlet in Austin, including print, broadcast and many online sites. We also planned and coordinated media-worthy grand opening celebrations, including the first check-in (an active military officer and his family), a grand opening luncheon supporting Back on My Feet, and a very successful evening event for food media to introduce all three restaurants. More than 400 stories ran in national, regional, trade and local publications, including extensive coverage about the restaurants in local Austin media and food blogs.